Call for ELLA Board Members
Have you ever thought about serving on a Board of Directors? We invite you to think seriously about volunteering for one of these opportunities. You need to know that this is an Operational Board, but it is an exciting group of people, highly committed to learning and to working for our members.
Time commitment and qualifications
- Attend a two and a half hour meeting each month, (not including June, July, or August)
- Provide direction and leadership to volunteer members of a committee
- Provide written reports of your activities to the Board
- Require experience in running meetings and serving on a decision-making body
- Need good communication skills
- Benefit from experience in management or human relations
- Maintain a current ELLA membership
If you have questions about the following positions or serving on the Board, please talk to any member of the current Board, or leave a message in the ELLA office email@example.com attention Joyce Madsen, Recruitment Chair. If you would like to be nominated for one of these positions, please pick up a Board Nomination folder at the reception desk at Spring Session and find an ELLA member to nominate you.
We invite you and welcome you to volunteer in any capacity or with any committee! You may have special skills and abilities that would help make ELLA an even more incredible organization. The information table at Spring Session will have Committee brochures available after the first week rush is over. Please browse these and see if there is a fit for you! Come and join our team! We are an eager bunch of dedicated volunteers, and the work is interesting and satisfying.