Welcome to the Edmonton Lifelong Learners Association (ELLA.)
We are a dynamic volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization which was founded in 2001 to provide lifelong learning to adults 50+. We invite you to join us!
ELLA partners with the University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension, to offer courses on the U of A campus.
Presenting the 2018 Spring Session Course Guide!
Our 2018 Spring Session is scheduled for April 30 – May 18th, so arrange your schedules!
Click here for your latest newsletter: Newsletter Feb 2018
Topics in this edition include:
- A Message from our President Joyce Madsen
- Registration Information and an update on Spring Session 2018…..info about new and returning courses and a change in location for Art Classes
- A call for Volunteers
If you’d like to keep in touch with what is going on with ELLA on a more regular basis have a peek at our new Facebook Page.
Check it out at: facebook.com/ellalifelong.learners.3
Become a friend, comment on ideas, tell us what you like and share ELLA info with others!
If you have any questions or need information about ELLA or the programs offered, please contact the office at email@example.com or call 780-492-5055.
Click here for the November Newsletter
Your Edmonton Lifelong Learners Association (ELLA) has been hard at work planning Spring Session 2018! Put the dates, April 30 to May 18, 2018 into your calendar today! The Program Committee is in the process of confirming an exciting schedule of courses, presentations and events …….it truly looks like there is something for everyone!
Our November newsletter contains
- a sneak peak at information about Spring Session 2018
- information about our new board members
- the location of our new office
- a message from our President, Joyce Madsen
- interesting stories about some of our members
- when and how to renew your membership
- details regarding other learning opportunities available in the Edmonton area
- and more
Meet ELLA Member: Writer Wendy Davis
Fifteen years ago Wendy Davis attended her first Spring Session for Older Adults (the precursor to ELLA). According to Wendy, attending the 3-weeks each Spring “changed my life. Being retired and single can drive you berserk. So many retired people just talk about their physical problems and it can be so depressing. At ELLA we have stimulating conversations about all the new things we’ve learned”.
To read the full article click here: Wendy Davis. 2