Home Forums IT (Information Technology) Training process for IT members

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ELLA IT 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ELLA IT
    Participant

Suggest all IT members must go through a training process before they can qualify as a participating member.

ELLA IT
    Participant

Assignment 1:

1. Get a library card if you don’t have one.
    2. Go to the epl.ca website.
    3. Log in with your username or barcode and password
    4. Find Lynda.com through the ELP website
    5. Find the WordPress course
    6. Take the course; Total time = 5.2 hours
    Please let me know how easy or not, the process of logging in to the ELP site was and how easy and intuitive it was to find linda.com on the elp site and finding the WordPress course.
    I would ask that you finish the course by Sep. 29th, 2016, 6:00 p.m.
    We will then have a Skype meeting from 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., longer if needed.

Please let me know if the above works for you both.

NOTE:
    I feel strongly that anyone on the IT Committee should have some prerequisites such as having taken the WordPress course. This is not to say that all committee members will be expected to be proficient in this area but to understand what the IT department is involved in and to help qualify their opinions when expressed. This statement needs to be further developed.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  ELLA IT.

Carol Vaage
    Keymaster

I think it’s a great idea, and am looking forward to learning Word Press.

Jimm Valentinsen
    Keymaster

I agree with and support the recommendation that all IT members take the WordPress training course thru Lynda.com.

Carol Vaage
    Keymaster

To access Lynda.com, you need to use the 14 digit number on your permanent card to log in via the epl site. The temporary card does not give you access.

ELLA IT
    Participant

Bare with me. I am not sure if this is going to work…

If it does, this is the course on WordPress I am talking about.

ELLA IT
    Participant

We should start with training for Lynda.com.

Carol Vaage
    Keymaster

Good! This is the one I started. I like how you were able to load in the image with the link. Great feature! Having a tutorial for the Lynda.com site navigation would help all ELLA members!

ELLA IT
    Participant

I believe all board members should watch this video so they can relate to IT. I am not suggesting we run the ELLA IT department exactly the way the video presents itself but there are many thing that are in this video that will explain the role of IT for ELLA.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.